Listed below you will find the rules for the Renaissance server. While this list is fairly comprehensive, please use common sense, as other rules may apply.
Keep in mind that Ultima Online is a very dangerous world. Lord British provides guards for our residents while they are within town limits, however should your safety is in your own hands. Unless in extreme situations the staff will not intervene in player interactions.
• There will be a 3 account limit on Renaissance.
We are concerned with a balanced environment for our players, not with our online player count.
• There will be a limit of 3 accounts online per IP address.
Sharing access to your accounts with others is expressly forbidden.
This can result in the loss of access to the accounts in question.
• Exclusions to this policy will be made should multiple players share the same internet access.
Multiple accounts per household will be required to be linked and will be limited to 10 houses per household. (In the future)
• Please choose unoffensive and non obscene character names.
Should your character name be deemed inappropriate it will be changed, this is a family game.
• Accounts will never be deleted due to inactivity.
• Treat the staff with respect.
• Treat other players in game and on the forums with respect.
Keep the trash talk in the trash talk forum.
Ingame, Forum & IRC Conduct
We will not tolerate insults, attacks, threats, and/or denigration from any member on another member at any time.
We have zero tolerance for taking an argument about any topic to a personal level.
Name calling, repeated critical and sharply negative posts toward a member, flaming, or slanderous posts are not acceptable.
As a community with are a diverse group consisting of various age groups and gender, we ask that our members post without
Vulgarity not only includes vulgar language and pictures but also sexist, racist, anti-religious and homophobic language
which may offend other members.
Players may not use the public community to advertise a scam, dishonest trade, or trap ingame.
Players may not use the public community to conduct a scam, dishonest trade, or trap ingame.
Players found to have been advertising or conducting these activities can lose their access to IRC or the Forums.
• Not complying with these rules can result in the loss of IRC privileges , and in extreme situations access to the game server.
Housing & Boats
• All characters on Renaissance will be able to own a single house.
• Houses decay in approximately 14 days.
• Houses will enter a condemned status if the account is inactive for 90 days.
• Boats decay in approximately 14 days.
Soliciting Transactions for any Real Currency
• Buying or Selling items for any form of currency outside the game world, virtual or tangible is not allowed.
• Should you be caught buying or selling items in this manner the items in question could be subject to deletion.
Unattended macroing using razor is allowed with the following conditions
• No other software may be used for repetitive tasks.
• You may not gather items and resources unattended.
This includes, but is not limited to, mining, lumberjacking, fishing, lockpicking chests in dungeons and town, sheep shearing and cotton harvesting.
• You may not sell items to NPC's unattended.
• You may not place houses unattended.
• You may not collect items in any manner unattended.
Regardless if it is farming, rare hunting, using the scavenger agent. Please do it attended.
Permitted Third Party Applications
• UO Rudder
Explicitly Not Allowed
• Assist UO (AUO)
• Steam UO (SUO)
• Easy UO (EUO)
• Non Electronic Arts(EA) or Origin Systems (OSI) Clients.